From Batman Beyond to Spider-Man 2099!
We’ve had a lot of Spideys hit the site (in both character and celebrity form) but this Spider-Man 2099 Workout is still going to be a ton of fun!
Keep in mind: this workout will also land within our Ultimate Calisthenics Workout and Guide.
For those of you who haven’t noticed, we’ve been doing our best to keep all our workouts either calisthenics and bodyweight training for everyone stuck at home; or at the very least requiring minimal equipment!
But now it’s time for Miguel O’Hara!
Spider-Man 2099 Stats:
Weight: 170 lbs
Real Name: Miguel O’Hara
Ironically enough Spider-Man 2099 has the same EXACT stats as Batman Beyond.
And if you missed out on that, we saw Terry McGinnis in the last article!
Vegeta were tied Wolverine for the shortest spot among comic characters we’ve seen at 5’3, prior to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles coming in at 5’2, (and Gimli even shorter) – but Damian Wayne (Robin) is only 5’4. Goku isn’t that tall either, though, standing only 5’7, with Miles Morales only an inch above him.
We’ve had Superman and Eddie Brock’s Venom at 6’3, and Captain America, Scorpion and Batman at 6’2, and Carnage at 6’1. Thor and Cyborg are towering over them at 6’6, Thanos and King right there with them at 6’7, Bane at 6’8, and Deathstroke right below at 6’5, and Black Manta at 6’4.
But, don’t worry if you’re not the same height or weight range.
We write these routines to be utilized by anyone and everyone.
Learn which program is best for you and your goals.
Take The SHJ Program Quiz and find the perfect program for YOU.
Spider-Man 2099 Diet and Nutrition
**Keep in mind: this section will be nearly identical for each hero, unless I mentioned differently (for example someone like Hulk may get something specifically different)**
Every hero needs to still have a good diet.
Unfortunately we can train like them, but I don’t think any of us are suddenly getting their powers, or the ability to magically stop caring about nutrition.
You can’t out train your diet, so I want to still give some pillars for nutrition.
You can start by checking out The Nutrition Pillars on the site, but I’ll break down some more information for you guys as well.
Guys like Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart incorporate 80/20 dieting with big weekly cheat meals, Hugh Jackman, Tom Hopper, Benedict Cumberbatch and Terry Crews utilize intermittent fasting (something I use daily as well), Ariana Grande, Mustafa Shakir and Madelaine Petsch are vegans, Brandon Routh and Frank Grillo opt for paleo, and tons of others utilize their own variations as well.
It’s all about sustainability.
AND, there are a thousand different ways to reach your goals, so finding the most sustainable way is what’s important.
Which is why our Academy utilizes multiple different Nutrition Classes (Greek Gods, Vikings, Spartans, Hunter Gatherers, Monks, Samurais, Minimalists, SuperHumans) to allow people to choose what is right for YOU!
Curious where over a hundred celebs fall in their dietary choices ranging from High Protein and Keto to Vegetarian, Vegan and Intermittent Fasting? Want exclusive celeb meal plans? Check this out.
And then we built The SHJ Legacy Program to help you achieve it!
Take The Free Workout Placement Quiz and find the best free workout for you.
Spider-Man 2099 Workout Routine Research
We’ve made it to “the fun part”.
And, if you don’t know by now, I say that every single time we get to the workout routine research section for character workouts.
To start off I want to give some brief biography information and origin for Miguel O’Hara’s Spider-Man 2099.
Here’s what his Wiki Fandom has to tell us:
Miguel O’Hara, an engineer of Irish and Mexican descent, was born after his mother Conchata had an affair with her husband’s boss Tyler Stone, though grew up believing his stepfather was also his biological father. As an adult, he worked for Alchemax. He was less than pleased at the corporation’s vast control over the city. A genius in the field of genetics, he was being pressured by Tyler Stone to test a process to imprint genetic codes into human physiology. He reluctantly tried the process on a test subject named Mr. Sims. It was a failure – Sims was transformed into a hideous creature and quickly died.
As for his powers and abilities, he has a LONG list.
Please be warned. It is LONG.
Here’s what his Wiki tells us about his abilities:
- Superhuman Strength: O’Hara possesses the proportionate strength of a spider. At his peak, he possesses sufficient superhuman strength to lift up to 10 tons. O’Hara’s great strength also extends to his legs, allowing him to leap great distances. He has been known to leap to heights of at least 30 feet in a single bound.
- Superhuman Speed: O’Hara can run and move at speeds that are beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- Accelerated Decoy: Allows O’Hara to move so fast that he can leave behind a body double for enemies to attack.
- Superhuman Agility: O’Hara’s agility, balance, and bodily coordination are all enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Reflexes: O’Hara’s reflexes are similarly enhanced and are superior to those of the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Stamina: O’Hara’s advanced musculature generates less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of a normal human. At his peak, he can physically exert himself for at least several hours before the build up of fatigue toxins in his blood begins to impair him.
- Telepathy: Miguel O’Hara’s shown to be able to communicate with others on a telepathic level. The full limits of his telepathy has yet to be explored. However he’s shown to easily communicate with others. It’s believed that his telepathy is an extension of his spider sense, manifesting in a different way.
- Superhuman Durability: O’Hara’s body is harder and more resistant to certain types of physical injury than the body of an ordinary human, though he’s far from invulnerable. His bodily tissues are conditioned to allow him to withstand great impact forces and he has resisted impacts, such as falling from a height of many stories and being repeatedly struck by a super-humanly strong opponent, that would severely injure or kill a normal human with little to no injury to himself. He once fell off a building and effortlessly walked to a hospital, where a doctor said that with broken ribs and massive fractures, it was amazing that he could even stand up.
- Accelerated Vision: O’Hara’s visual acuity is considerably beyond that of a normal human. O’Hara can see objects at much greater distances, with perfect clarity, relative to an ordinary human. O’Hara possesses this same level of clarity at night, enabling him to see in near-complete darkness. It is possible that he is able to see into the infra-red end of the electromagnetic spectrum, enabling him to see a person’s body heat. The flicker-fusion horizon (the speed at which some objects appear as a blur) in his eyes is superior to other people. What appears as a blur to most people, he can see perfectly. It also acts as a type of early warning, not the degree of a spider-sense but he is able to see attacks coming from far away. His vision also gives him the ability to see energy waves.
- Accelerated Healing Factor: Miguel O’Hara’s genetically-enhanced metabolism/physiology affords him a self-healing ability that lets him regenerate damaged bodily tissues at a highly-accelerated rate. Injuries such as slashes or puncture wounds can heal completely within a matter of a few minutes. It isn’t known if O’Hara’s healing powers afford him greater resistance to toxins or diseases. O’Hara’s healing factor isn’t sufficiently enhanced to regenerate severed limbs or missing organs.
- Longevity: Miguel O’Hara ages at a very slow rate due to the rapid regeneration of healthy bodily tissues & cells.
- Talons and Fangs: O’Hara possesses elongated canine teeth that secrete a paralyzing, though non-toxic, venom. He also possesses short, retractable talons at the tips of his fingers and toes that he uses to dig into surfaced, enabling him to crawl along them as a spider might. The talons are also razor sharp and, coupled with his great strength, are able to rend materials as durable as cinder block.
- Spinnerets: Both of O’Hara’s forearms contain a set of spinnerets that release a very strong and sticky web-like substance from the back of his wrists. O’Hara can use this webbing to swing from building to building with or as a means of restraining an individual. Unlike the original Spider-Man, O’Hara’s webs are organic and are chemically identical to real spider silk.
And that’s just his “powers”!
He also has a list of abilities, which they share as:
Genius-Level Intellect: O’Hara is a skilled and gifted geneticist.
Skilled Hand-to-Hand Combatant: He is also formidable in hand to hand combat, despite the fact that he’s had little formal training. He uses a special freestyle of fighting that allows him to make full use of his strength, speed, and agility.
Computer Skills: He was able to hack the computers of Doctor Doom, Iron Man, Mister Fantastic, and Sam Beckett.
Marksmanship: Spider-Man was able to hit a hostile holding a hostage multiple times with a pistol, with a bullet only grazing the hostage.
And what I mainly want to focus in on here are a couple specific things:
- Superhuman Strength built with Calisthenics/Bodyweight Training
- Superhuman Speed built with High Intensity Interval Training
- Superhuman Durability/Stamina with Endurance Work
Basically we’re turning you into a Superhuman…
Which seems fitting being that we’re working with our bodyweight and calisthenics theme right now at SHJ.
Check out all The SHJ Programs and start unleashing your inner SuperHuman.
Spider-Man 2099 Workout Routine
5+ days per week
For this one we’re sticking to bodyweight training but we’re going to be focusing in on progressive overload to make sure we’re hitting fatigue and really growing the muscles! We’ll be also incorporating high intensity interval training and endurance work as well.
Calisthenics / Bodyweight Explanation:
This is part of a calisthenics and bodyweight theme we have going for the next few weeks. I suggest also checking out our new Ultimate Calisthenics Workout and Guide for [The Ultimate Calisthenics Workout] and tons of other resources and workouts.
Want To Upgrade This Workout?
The Superhero Academy now comes with an Upgrade Your Workout Tool that allows Academy members to turn any SHJ workout into a 4-8 week fully planned regime detailing exact weights to lift and including reverse & tradition pyramid training, straight sets, super sets, progressive overload and more.
Spider-Man 2099 Workout: Sample Workout Schedule
Monday: Calisthenics Work and High Intensity Interval Training
Tuesday: Long Endurance Work
Wednesday: Calisthenics Work and High Intensity Interval Training
Thursday: Medium Endurance Work and Holds (and Optional Parkour Addons)
Friday: Calisthenics Work and High Intensity Interval Training
Saturday: Rest Day or MMA or Parkour Work
Sunday: Mandatory Rest Day
Spider-Man 2099 Workout: Calisthenics Work and High Intensity Interval Training
3×5 each leg
Spider-Man Push Ups
High Intensity Interval Training:
20-30 Minutes Total:
30 Second ON: SPRINT for 30 Seconds
90 Seconds OFF: Walk for 90 Seconds
Make sure you are continuously adding overall reps and reps per set to continue making progress and make sure you are consistently hitting fatigue.
Spider-Man 2099 Workout: Long Endurance Work
Beginner: Run 3 Miles
Intermediate: Run 3-5 Miles
Advanced: Run 5+ Miles
Spider-Man 2099 Workout: Medium Endurance Work and Holds (and Optional Parkour Addons)
Medium Endurance Work:
30-60 Minutes of Varied Cardio
Optional Parkour Work:
Join The Superhero Academy and start unleashing your inner SuperHuman.